December 12: Body integration. This year, when did you feel the most integrated with your body? Did you have a moment where there wasn’t mind and body, but simply a cohesive YOU, alive and present?
It’s a busy Sunday—we’re off to the church Christmas dinner in a little while. But here are a few quick ones that come to mind:
1. Watching the Perseid meteor shower in Montreat NC this summer. Sprawled out on a blanket with complete attentiveness.
2. Any tickling/wrestling with my kids.
3. Very deep laughs.
4. Exquisite meals. The kind of food that makes you want to eat s-l-o-w-l-y.
5. Preaching when I’m really in the groove. People compliment me on my hands.
6. The experience of getting into a regular walking practice this year. I walk every Monday-Friday morning, barring illness or extreme tiredness.
7. Singing a song I love and know well.
8. This morning with the prayer group—someone shared about a loved one with a lung condition that makes breathing difficult. I took a deep breath and felt the gratitude of that breath—and heard others breathe deeply with the same awareness.
How about you?